Going green at home is probably the easiest thing to do to make yourself environmentally friendly. Here are 5 things you can do now to go green:
- Turn down your AC/Heating. Even by a couple of degrees Celsius, you are helping the environment and saving on your energy bill. Take off a layer if it’s hot, put on a layer if it’s cold. It’s completely worth it in the long run.
- Use less water. Turn off your tap while brushing your teeth. Take quicker showers. Invest in a water-pressurizer for your taps, so that you use less water.
- Insulate your home. Double check your windows to make sure that there is no air leaking. Fix it up if there is air leaking. Buy some insulation for your walls, and make sure your doors aren’t leaking air. This can easily help you with your air conditioning and heating bills.
- Change your light bulbs to energy efficient ones. I personally like the look of energy efficient bulbs anyways, so you should invest in them! They are inexpensive and they last a while. Use them more often!
- Wash your clothes in cold water. Most washing machines nowadays are strong enough to clean your clothes properly in cold water, especially with some good detergent. Use a drying rack to dry your clothes. This will save you so much money every year that it’s not even funny.
Being green at home is not that hard at all. It requires just a few simple changes that probably won’t even affect your lifestyle that much. You will continue to live the way that you do, but you will be saving money in the long run!